- Research companies before your interview.
- Arrive on time for your interview.
- No distracting mannerisms (adjusting clothing/hair, tapping fingers, adjusting your camera, etc.) be aware of your posture and body language and look directly into your camera to make eye contact.
- Speak clearly, don’t talk too fast, and think a moment before you answer questions.
- Be relaxed and sure of yourself, but not overconfident.
- Be enthusiastic, ask questions, and show you are interested in the company.
- Be well prepared and anticipate questions the interviewer might ask ahead of time.
- Answer questions more than with a simple yes or no. Use this opportunity to sell your skills or recent training.
- Follow-up the interview with a letter or email.
- Don't ask about the salary or benefits on first interview. This is more appropriate for a second interview.
The first impression you make will be your attire.
- Clean and neat in appearance
- Neutral colors
- Conservative, not flashy
- Men should consider suits and ties
- Women should consider pant or skirt suits
- Notepad and pens
- Have a PDF copy of your resumé available on your device and ready for a screen share if necessary.
- Turn off your cell phones and any other electronic devices
- Any applicable research illustrations to emphasize point.