Monday, September 11 & Tuesday, September 12, 2017
University of Wyoming
Rocky Mountain Rendezvous
- Student registration for the 2017 RMR will open on July 25, 2017 at 9 AM Mountain Time (11 AM Eastern).
- We’re pleased to announce we’ve added a Networking Lunch designed to give students and recruiters more time together.
- We're excited to host the following Short Course this year: What a Geologist Should know about Petrophysics lead by Craig Tingey, Doctorate in Geology and field expert in petrophysics. Please plan to join us on Sunday, September 10th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM at the Hilton Ballroom. Cost will be $30.
- Craig Tingey will also offer complimentary resume reviews throughout the event.
- Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
- We will encourage companies to contact students as early as possible to confirm interviews. However, due to the limited number of job positions and interviews available, we cannot guarantee interview spots. The RMR registration fee is payment to have your resume distributed to a large number of company recruiters. Interviews are not guaranteed and refunds will not be given after Friday, August 11, 2017.
- Registrants can make edits to their registration. Registrants can make edits to their registration via the website until August 11. After this date updates to resumes and abstracts will not be accepted and this information will be sent to participating companies.
The Rocky Mountain Rendezvous is one of five regional job fairs and is sponsored by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG). The event is hosted by the UW Department of Geology and Geophysics and School of Energy Resources. The largest of the five fairs is held in Houston, Texas, the U.S. oil and gas "capital." The RMR is a close second in terms of company and student participation, and is often cited by both recruiters and students as "simply a great experience."
This year, the RMR will be a two-day event with a networking lunch, vendor expo, onsite interviews, welcome reception, and poster viewing room. Please visit the agenda page for more information.
Students are encouraged to register early, as space is limited. Participating companies will be given access to student registration information and resumes and will contact students to schedule onsite interviews.
Thank you to companies and students for another successful Rendezvous! Read the story.
Watch video from 2012's event via the player below: