Rocky Mountain Rendezvous
Friday, September 23 – Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Student registration for the 2016 RMR is now closed!
- To be placed on the wait list for registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information. Please note, the wait list is only available to CURRENT graduate students. Undergraduate registrations will not be accepted.
- Walk-in registrations will not be accepted.
- We will encourage companies to contact students as early as possible to confirm interviews. However, due to the limited number of job positions and interviews available, we recommend waiting to confirm your final travel arrangements. The RMR registration fee is payment to have your resume distributed to a large number of company recruiters. Interviews are not guaranteed and refunds will not be given after Thursday, August 25.
- Registrants can make edits to their registration. Registrants can make edits to their registration via the website until August 25. After this date updates to resumes and abstracts will not be accepted and this information will be sent to participating companies. Edit your registration at: https://events.thepulsenetwork.com/Attendee/Default.aspx?C=70000063&M=40000007&Mode=HTML
- The poster session if full. To be placed on the wait list for the poster session/abstracts, please email email@example.com with your name, contact information AND FINAL ABSTRACT.
- There will be no exceptions to the guidelines outlined above.
The Rocky Mountain Rendezvous is one of five regional job fairs and is sponsored by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG). The event is hosted by the UW Department of Geology and Geophysics and School of Energy Resources. The largest of the five fairs is held in Houston, Texas, the U.S. oil and gas "capital." The RMR is a close second in terms of company and student participation, and is often cited by both recruiters and students as "simply a great experience."
This year, the RMR will be a two-day event with a vendor expo, onsite interviews, welcome reception, and poster viewing room. Please visit the agenda page for more information.
Students are encouraged to register early, as space is limited. Participating companies will be given access to student registration information and resumes and will contact students to schedule onsite interviews.
Thank you to companies and students for another successful Rendezvous! Read the story.
Watch video from 2012's event via the player below: