Registration & Interviews
- Online registration will open on Wednesday, August 8 at 9 AM Mountain Time.
- Space is limited to 250 participants and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- A waiting list will be started once online registration is closed. Please email email@example.com to be added to that list.
- The RMR registration fee is $35 for AAPG or SEG members and $45 for non-members.
- No refunds will be available after August 24, 2018.
- Registrations cannot be transferred.
- Resumes will be distributed to companies by August 31, 2018. In the past, companies have generally started contacting students for interviews almost immediately and finalized their interview schedule within three weeks of this date.
- Walk-In Registrations will not be accepted.
- RMR is open to graduate students only.
- Please note: We will encourage companies to contact students as early as possible to confirm interviews. However, due to the limited number of job positions and interviews available, we cannot guarantee interview spots. The RMR registration fee is payment to have your resume distributed to a large number of company recruiters. Interviews are not guaranteed.
- If you have not secured interviews prior to the RMR, you are still welcome to attend and take advantage of various opportunities to interact with our sponsors. Please be aware there are no guarantees you will connect with specific sponsors and/or secure interviews onsite. Therefore, it is recommended that you consider the financial commitment associated with attending the RMR when deciding whether or not to attend in this particular case.
- Should you decide not to attend after you register, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may offer your spot to a student on our waiting list.
Resumes, Abstracts & Posters
- Resumes must be submitted at the time of registration.
- Once resumes are submitted, they cannot be changed/updated.
- Spots to present posters are limited to 100 and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If you would like to present a poster, you must submit the corresponding abstract at the time of registration. Once abstracts are submitted, they cannot be changed/updated.
- We will confirm your spot approximately two weeks after registration closes.
- Only resumes, abstracts and posters provided in the proper format will be accepted. Please see requirements in the corresponding sections of this website.
- You are responsible for any expenses incurred to attend the RMR.
- Travel vouchers are not available.
- You are personally responsible for booking your own airfare, ground transportation and hotel accommodations.
- Please see the agenda section of this website for a list of meals/snacks that will be provided at the RMR.
- If you have food allergies or specific meal preferences, please indicate those on your registration.
- If you have ADA requests, please indicate those on your registration.
- You may also contact Emily at email@example.com with ADA questions and requests.
Computer and Internet Access
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available at the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center.
- The Hilton Garden Inn has a business center that is available 24-hours a day for hotel guests.
- FedEx Office is located within walking distance of the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center.
- If you wish to ship items to the RMR in advance, please address them as follows:
YOUR COMPANY NAME (If you are a student, write “YOUR NAME & STUDENT ATTENDEE)
c/o UW Conference Center
ATTN: Catering and Events for RMR
2229 E Grand Ave
Laramie, WY 82070
Safety and Security
- University of Wyoming and the city of Laramie are safe and friendly. Nonetheless, in the case of emergency call 911 or the University Police at 307-766-5179. Do not leave valuables unattended. The organizers and the University will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Smoking is prohibited inside all buildings at the University of Wyoming. Consumption of alcohol at conference events is limited to persons 21 and older. Please be prepared to present your ID card.
Health and Medical Care
- In case of emergency you will be directed to the Ivinson Memorial Hospital 307-742-2141. For all other medical needs please call the Family Care Clinic at 307-745-0085 to schedule a "same-day" appointment.